" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

//God is so good.. He's so good to me!

And He truly is!

Looking back to all the good things that He has bestowed upon me and my family is just an eye opener to what He can do in our future!
Such remembrance of all the miracles and breakthroughs just goes to show that He's our Daddy God who will always shows us his goodness and mercies all the days of our lives until we meet again!

Just coming back from Bible Study (which has been awhile and Pastor Joshua was awesome) and from another enjoyable time of fellowshipping over supper with the CG people gets me thinking as I'm coming up the escalator of Newton MRT, "Did I know all this would happen?"

To give you more insight of why I was feeling this way was that suffered from this term 'back-slidden'.

Yes, and it was for a couple of months (or a tad more) of not going to church (but inside I still wanted to) and just fell backwards into a culture of constant clubbing, binging of alcohol (getting sloshed mostly every night) and inhibiting a dis-tasteful behaviour towards the opposite sex which I know I was finding love at the wrong place.

I always wanted to attend Campus (Now its called 'Arrow') and joined a CG so that I would lay off my brother, cousins and relatives and actually hang around people my age who I can relate to better.
Even though I was in a messed up stage, I yearned for His presence and craved so badly to go but had no one or knew no one to go with as I'm a sort of person who needs company and does not like being alone. (Alrite, who doesn't right?)

Details of how I led my churchless and meaningless life during that time won't be mentioned but let's just say it's not very edifying. I don't think I have went overboard (maybe with 2 things) but I'm glad that now God has taken most of the desires away. I'm still waiting to be fully delivered and I know the time will come!

In life, s**t happens, but God's goodness towards us will never change as He's always good all the time! 
I'm giving thanks to Him as He's the one and only who is worthy to be praised not only because of the good things that happen to us, but His love and favour that will be with us always and forever!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment