" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Friday, August 30, 2013

{ Dove Real Beauty Sketches }


"i have some work to do on myself... it's troubling... i should be more grateful of my natural beauty... it impacts everything... it could not be more critical to your happiness... 

our self perceptions are generally kind of harsh... we spend a lot of time as women analyzing trying to fix the things that aren't quite... and we should spend more time appreciating the things that we do like..."

ps. you are more beautiful than you think

_dove

-----

this hits right home... there is nothing much to add on really... as one can identify with the statement of being the worse judge and critic on anything self related... anything... the expectations of perfection surpasses any other when i reflect on how i view myself... and what standards to manage... such wasted mind space... and vacant esteem...

to see the beauty in it's fullness through imperfections... is one who's views has to be awaken by a graced perception... instead of harping on what is incomplete... and my eyes are gradually uncovering it through every season and status... this constant learning experience is irksome but significant... which in turn will impact the future i envision in front of me...

#selah x

No comments:

Post a Comment