" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

✗ Not happy about everything, but grateful in everything | Victoria Osteen ✗


The other day I was meditating on 1 Thessalonians 5:18 which says, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” 

A lot of people think about all the challenges they face and wonder, “How can I be thankful for this? How can I be thankful for losing my job? How can I be thankful for this sickness? How can I be thankful for this unexpected bill?” 

But this verse isn’t saying to be thankful for everything, it says be thankful in everything. 

That means if you lose your job, you have the attitude that says, “Thank you, Lord, for something better that’s coming my way!” If you’re sick in your body, your attitude is, “Father, thank You that by the stripes of Jesus, I am healed!” If you have an unexpected bill, “Thank You, God that You are my Provider, and because I am in covenant with You, You will supply all of my needs according to Your riches in glory!” 

Life is going to be challenging at times. Scriptures warns us that in this world, we will have trials and tribulations. There will be things we are tempted to complain about, but the key is to find something bigger than that thing to focus on. And there’s nothing bigger than our God. When we focus on Him, the things of the world seem very small in comparison.

Did you know studies actually show that people who practice gratefulness are happier people? You practice something when you need to get good at it. It’s not always natural to be grateful. In fact, it’s never natural to be grateful; it’s something we all have to work on. But when you practice gratefulness, it’s not so foreign, and you become a happier person!

Today I encourage you to be deliberate about being grateful. Practically speaking, write down three things to be grateful for every day. You’d be surprised at how much your perspective changes when you start thinking about the things you are grateful for. Remember, you may not be happy about everything, but you can be grateful in everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment