" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

{ Prayer before the battle. }

Lord Jesus, as I enter this workplace,
I bring your presence with me. 

I speak your peace, your grace, and your perfect order into the atmosphere of this office.

I acknowledge your lordship over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and accomplished within these walls. 

Lord Jesus, I thank you for the gifts you have deposited in me. I do not take them lightly, but commit to using them responsibly and well.

Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job. Anoint my creativity, my ideas, my energy, so that even my smallest task may bring you honor.

Lord, when I am confused, guide me. When I am weary, energize me.

Lord, when I am burned out, infuse me with the light of your Holy Spirit.

May the work that I do and the way I do it bring hope, life, and courage to all that I come in contact with today.

And, Oh Lord, even in this day’s most stressful moment, may I rest in you.

In the mighty name that is above all names, in the Matchless Name of my Lord and Savior Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment