" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

{ DailyDevo: Look Unto Jesus }

 "Looking away from all that will distract to Jesus,
fixing and keeping our eyes on Him,
the leader and champion, who initiates and is the source of our faith,
making it complete,
giving the first incentive for our belief,
finishing and bringing it to maturity and perfection.
He endures the cross, ignoring and disregarding the shame.
Because He knew that later on of the joy awaiting Him,
And that He would be glad He did.
Now He is seated in the place of honor, at the right side of God’s throne."

Hebrews 12:2 (Amp, Common Eng, Contempt Eng, NLT)

-----

Yes, it is that simple. The problem with us is that we tend to look unto ourselves. But we cannot save or deliver ourselves. Even the apostle Paul struggled when he depended on his self-effort. That is why he said, “For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.” (Romans 7:19) It was only when Paul looked away from himself and unto Jesus that he received his deliverance. (Romans 7:24–25)

My friend, if you have been looking unto yourself, it is time to start looking unto Jesus. Look unto Him, the author and finisher of your faith. And soon, you will be looking at your healing and provision!

No comments:

Post a Comment