" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Friday, June 27, 2014

✗ Another update on the journey... by Darlene Zschech ✗


Hey everyone. Praying that this little message finds you doing really well.

I thought I would take a moment and write another short update for all who are asking. You are all so kind and your words and prayers mean so much. We are all doing well, the finish line is definitely in sight (about another 5 weeks) and the family and I are pretty focussed on getting there in good spirits and with a song still in our hearts.

Let me tell you, radiation is a whole different ball game than chemo. This new stage brings a whole new set of medical staff and new friends on the journey. Also, this stage requires daily treatment whereby I have radiation 5 days a week. Although full on and confronting on a daily basis, at least you feel a whole lot better than chemo – tiredness being the biggest challenge.

On the first day of radiation I was terrified. I found myself thinking crazy thoughts of being burned etc., these thoughts stemming from the doctors who have to tell you all the ‘worst case scenarios’ in an effort to prepare you. Whilst staring at the door of the treatment room, on the first day, I was seriously thinking about running out of waiting room. I was planning my escape and running seemed like such a sweet idea. Thankfully, that very day, I started my day by reading my Joseph Prince devotional for that day which read ‘Jesus has you covered.’ That He is my burnt offering and that He covers me from head to toe with His righteousness. I cannot even begin to tell you how much this meant to me and gave me the confidence I needed to walk through the treatment doors on that first day and to keep turning up.

Through this journey I am discovering again and again, that no matter how dark your darkest day may be, God holds you. Even at the bottom of the deepest pit, He is still there, calming you, reassuring you that He is still in control. I lean into this truth everyday and in and through this, the miracles I am finding are amazing me. They are there if we choose to see them.

Additionally, my heart to worship Him grows with every passing hour. The songs and prayers are coming (slowly) with great clarity. I have found that when the business of the ‘ordinary’ is brought to a stand still what we are able to hear is amazing.

That’s it for now. I’m honoured to be speaking in church this Sunday morning and for the next few weeks, my message is entitled ‘It is well with my soul’. I pray that by the grace of God it will bring life to many.

Love you all and so thankful for your love and prayers…

No comments:

Post a Comment