" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

{ Importance of Rest*.. }


The Importance of Rest by Bill Johnson


A heart of #rest..

-----

" I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.
For You will not leave my soul among the dead,
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. "

Psalm 16:8-10 (NLT)

-----

" Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him.
Truly He is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. "
Psalm 62:1-2 (NIV)

-----

" Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD,
“He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely He will save you from the fowler’s snare,
and from the deadly pestilence. "
Psalm 91:1-3 (NIV)

-----

This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."

Jeremiah 6:15-17 (NIV)

-----

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?
Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Matthew 11:29 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment