" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

:: "Homebodies" by Esther Houston ::


This is pretty much what most my evenings look like, and I love it! I had a few ideas of what having a baby may look like, but what I didn't know was that I was gaining a companion. Losing my freedom, but gaining a companion... Hey... You can't win them all. 



Nonetheless, losing part of my freedom has taught me a million things. Having a baby has "forced" me into a less selfish and self-centered life, which ultimately teaches you how to love better. I often wonder how is it possible to love this little miniature human this much?! He only takes and takes and takes... It is not a two way street when it comes to babies; they don't know about YOUR needs, they only know about theirs, and you have no choice but to meet them.


So what is it about this whole new level of love that you feel towards your child? I think it’s exactly that. A more selfless life is a more loving life. To give without expectation and to love without condition was the way we were wired to be after all. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment