" Because you are special* to me, and I love you, I gladly give up other peoples in exchange for you; They are trivial by comparison to your weighty significance. " _Isaiah 43:4* (The Voice)

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

✗ Exaltation & Encouragement... ✗


“Ever heard the saying, “Don’t count your days, make your days count?” It’s so easy to go through the motions of work, carpool, cooking, cleaning, homework, and ballgames. But in the midst of it all, am I making the moments count with meaningful conversations or making simple deposits of encouragement into the lives of those I love?

I decided to get intentional the other day and thought of three people who could use some encouragement. Then I took a few minutes that week to encourage them. I wrote a note to my husband and sent it in an email, the next day I left a voicemail with a short prayer and let a friend hear me thanking God for something special about her, and later that week I posted on my son’s Facebook page telling him I missed him because I was out of town.

They weren’t huge things, but I could tell they meant a lot to the people I love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment